Friday, October 23, 2009

Combining photos





I have served as "Official Team Photographer" for the Vermont Ravens semi-pro football team for the past two seasons and this is an example of the individual collages that I did for each player (hopefully this is acceptable for the assignment). I used the team photo for the background by fading it so that it didn't compete with the player I was making it for. I took a photo of each player and cut them out using the lasso tool and erasing the background of the original. Then I copied the cut out player to a new layer on top of the team photo and added the player name and number. The players seemed to like them.

2 comments:

  1. I loved how the focus is on the player but the team is in the background - nice team affect! They are lucky to have you as the official photographer. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Nice job applying what you learned! Great technique for the background.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!