Monday, September 21, 2009

Compare & Contrast







I took this photo using my Canon PowerShot A580 point & shoot camera. I used Automatic settings in front of a background that I made for my light-tent. I only set up the light-tent because that's the only way that I could hang the background. The camera chose a 1/60th of a second shutter speed, ISO 80 and Aperture of 7.1










This photo was taken with my Canon Rebel XTi on a tripod using ambient light with no flash. I shot it with a shutter speed of 30 seconds, ISO 400 and Aperture of f18. Couldn't figure out the source of the weird fog-like lighting on the bowl and left cheek. These photos are both taken using the same background.

2 comments:

  1. In the first picture you can see the wood grains really clearly. I think that makes the picture stand right out. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super perspective about what happens when you use a flash versus local light...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!